As an entrepreneur there are times when using professional legal services will be critical to the success of your business. You may not need to hire a lawyer to resolve all your legal issues but there are situations when you'll want or need the advice of an experienced lawyer.
Whether or not you decide to consult a lawyer, you will make better business decisions and be a smarter legal consumer if you familiarize yourself with the legal aspects of owning a business. Check the Chamber of Commerce Members Directory for a listing of local legal services.
- Legal Issues for Small Business - Canada Business Network
- Selection of a Business Structure
- Review of Lease
- Buying an Existing Business
- Ministry of the Environment identifies requirements for businesses to be compliant with environmental legislation
- Your Business and the Environment Info-Guide
- Privacy Legislation Information
- Business Insurance - Insurance Bureau of Canada